Hello. Today we will take you to Italy, and we will share with you the recipe of Minestrone soup, one of the delicious tastes of Italian cuisine.
Famous chief Jamie Oliver said about this soup: “Hearty and nutritious, minestrone soup is a tasty crowd-pleaser and is super-easy to tweak according to the vegetables you have in the house.”
Firstly; Minestrone soup is one of the healthiest soups that the whole family will enjoy. I like soup, but minestrone soup is one of my favorites. Why? Here’s the answer:
The first one is very easy. No sautéing of vegetables; Put all the ingredients in the saucepan, add the water.
Secondly, an incredibly delicious soup comes out that day if you take a little bit of whatever you have as vegetables and pulses in the cupboard and add some pasta.
If you have some homemade yogurt or pickles with you, my goodness. I prefer to cook with whey or chicken broth (frozen in ice molds), which I usually don’t lack from whey or ice-cream. According to the amount I made, two or three cubes of broth is enough. If I added the broth, I would not use any fat, I would make it a little watery.
Now it’s your turn to try. Let’s see what’s left of it in the closet.
Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 1 cup pasta (black or whole wheat)
- ½ cup beans (boiled)
- ½ cup chickpeas (boiled)
- ½ cup peas (boiled)
- 1 piece of carrot (diced into cubes)
- 1 piece of pumpkin (chopped cubes)
- 1 tomato (chopped cubes)
- 1 red pepper (chopped cubes)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried vegetable seasoning
- Enough whey / gravy
- Enough salt
- Enough black pepper
- Chop all the vegetables and put in a saucepan.
- Add the boiled legumes, pasta and bay leaves.
- Melt the tomato paste in a glass of water and pour over them. Add enough water to rise above the ingredients in the pan.
- Add the spices and cook over medium heat until the pasta and vegetables are tender. If necessary, you can add water to the soup during cooking.
- Minestrone soup (or pasta soup) can be served hot, with some cheese added.
We are looking forward to your feedback and photos.
Enjoy your soup! 😊💕