I tried the first Red velvet cake at Cake Boss in NY, and I was in Love with that:) I tried that recipe today and I want to share with you:)
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons of flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 g soft butter
- 1 glass of sugar
- 1/2 pack cream
- 2 soup spoons of cocoa
- Red food coloring
- half teaspoon of salt
- Put flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa in a large container.
- In another bowl, whip the soft butter, cream, vanilla, sugar, food coloring until it is creamy and add the eggs one by one and make sure that they are mixed well.
- Slowly add the whole egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix gently with a wooden spoon or spatula until thoroughly mixed. (Do not continue mixing when the flour is completely mixed)
The color of the cake dough should not be too bright red or brown. It will be a color close to Bordeaux. So the more coffee-red color is, the more beautiful it is actually 🙂
- If you are going to make a cupcake, share 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the molds. If you are going to make a cake, carefully pour the mixture into a 16 cm (for 3 coats) or 20 cm (for 2 coats) diameter, carefully pour into a greased mold, laid with baking paper on the base.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes.
- Leave the cupcakes out of the oven for 10-15 minutes and cover with cheese cream.
If you are going to make a cake, divide the cake into 2 or 3 pieces. Fully cover your cake with whipped cream between the layers and decorate it if you wish.
- 1 pack (200 gr labne cheese)
- 1 Pack (200 ml) chilled milk cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cream hardener if available
- Whisk the milk cream at high speed until the volume increases.
- Add Labne cheese and 1 glass of powdered sugar and cream hardener (otherwise starch may work) and beat for 4-5 minutes, until the consistency is hard enough to be squeezed from the cream bag.
- When you are sure that the cream is solid enough, place it in the squeezing bag and cover your cupcakes.
We are looking forward to your feedback and photos.
Enjoy your dessert 🙂