Although the title and presentation is called Chicken with Portugal Sauce, this recipe has nothing to do with Portugal. I think it was named because it was a sauce prepared by a Portuguese chef in Istanbul.
We can call it chicken with bechamel sauce with vegetables 🙂
- 3/4 cup of milk (150 ml)
- 1/2 cup of liquid miilk cream (100 ml)
- 1.5 tablespoons of flour
- 1.5 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 tablespoons grater cheddar or parmesan
- salt according to your taste
- 3 medium carrots (grated or small and finely sliced)
- 10 green peppers (ring to be chopped in medium thickness)
- 1 squash (to be chopped tiny)
- 4 Pieces of Chicken Breast (I buy chicken tenderloin, but 1 piece comes out of 2 breasts. You can divide them in half and make a portion. So you need 2 full chicken breasts for 4 people.)
Preparation of Chicken with Portugal Sauce :
Start by preparing bechamel sauce. Roast the flour with butter and cut the bottom of the stove and add the milk at once and mix quickly without lumping. When it is thick, add the cream and cook for 1 minute more. Take it from the stove, add the grated cheese and stir until melted.
– You may not use cream. For this, 2.5 cups of milk will be enough.
– You can do it with cream without making a bechamel sauce. For this, after cooking the vegetables and draining the oil, take 1 pack of cream in a pan and heat until it becomes thick, add the cheese and mix with the vegetables and cook for 1 minute and leave on the chicken.
Cook the vegetables in a pan. Pumpkin will release the water, do not take it from the pan until the water boils.
Cook your chickens either on the grill or in the pan until the vegetables are sautéed.
When the vegetables are fried, strain the oil well, add the bechamel sauce and mix. The most sensible here is to add it slowly,
We do not recommend adding more it is enough to cover your vegetables. Here it is, Chicken with Portugal Sauce is ready!
You can serve it with boiled vegetables and rice.
We are looking forward to your feedback and photos.
Enjoy your meal 🙂